Thursday, January 03, 2008

One Last Time...

... i know i've posted countless pics of tatty but i swear this is his last vist to my blog, i just thought that seen as you have all seen him grow from crosses to a teddy bear you should also get to see him completely finished as a christmas present.

It took an awfully long time to get the border straight and neat but after a few tries i managed



i,ve used two different fabrics, underneath is soild red marble and the top is red silk net with gold stars.


Then came the ribbon that i stitched around the outside now that was the real pain but was totally worth it when i saw my mums face on christmas day.



sammyjo

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Its just beautiful! Great job!

Sally said...

Happy New Year Sammy Jo! OK I know it's a bit late but I'm a bit behind on blogs! Lol!

Love the Tatty Yed you made for your Mum. It's gorgeous.

Janet said...

Very creative! Love the effect of the different layers and trim, heaps of work but worth it. You have a very good eye for detail, can't wait to see what's next!

lena-lou said...

Happy New Year Sammyjo

What an excellent job you have made of this for your Mum, I bet she loves it very much :-))

mellyandrosie said...

Very cute indeed!! I am sure it is well loved by your mum! Hand made gifts are truly the best!!

The Chicken Lady said...

That turned out great! I love the fabrics and Tatty is adorable!

Felicia said...

Aw, he's adorable :)

Anne Heidi said...

How adorable! Love the red with the cross stich!

Anonymous said...

ran across your blog today. saved as a place to read. love that you are 17 and crafting. my daughter never wanted to learn. I am a grandmother from the United States and the fact that you are from England struck me. I have a grandson in England that I never get to see. he is now 8.
great job on your holiday presents!
Dawn in USA

Lizzy said...

Hi Sammy Jo, I drifted over here via Sally's blog... Love your stitching and finishes... you are very talented for one so young... I wish my DD was more into stitching and crafts... she is starting to do a few crafts now, but alas, no stitching!

I love the Tatty Teddy you stitched and finished for your Mum... The red pillow is gorgeous! Do you mind telling me where you got this pattern... Someone I care about very much just sent me a card with this Tatty Teddy on it and I'd love to stitch this one.

I've enjoyed wandering around your blog... :-)

Happy Stitching ~

Alan Roberta said...

Interesting.......I am a marble craft manufacturer supplier and looking for partners globally. If any one interest please contact me through this website.