Monday, July 01, 2013

Tutu Expensive!

OK my first post on the matter of saving money when you have a two year old that likes to shop (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!), Is about tutu's. Me and my daughter are taking a holiday in a few weeks with her grandparents to Devon and every year the site has a fancy dress competition. Now naturally I want my daughter to look the part so I ordered her a hand made tutu in the style of Cinderella, It drop kicked by bank balance by £38.50! now don't get me wrong its lush and I love it, but it got me wondering if I could do it myself. They would be perfect for Christmas presents for all her little friends and no doubt little miss is going to want a lot of dress up stuff too!
 
So I looked to see if I could get the stuff and do it myself, and guess what?
 
Of course I could!
 
This tutu cost me £6.60 to make and I have enough fabric left over to do another! 
Its made with Two 6inx 25yrd rolls of tulle one pink one purple and a waffle crochet top from china, found on ebay.co.uk
 
So if I where to have made the dress it would have cost me around £9.00.
Lesson learnt = If you can do it yourself, DO IT YOURSELF!
 
Take care till next time
 
SJ
 

No comments: